Mohi – Ek Khwab Ke Khilne Ki Kahani [Mohi: A story about a blossoming dream], is the new show offering from Star Plus, and traces the journey of a tribal girl Mohi who aspires to become a doctor despite all the difficulties and challenges she faces in her remote village Bhuvana. Bhuvana is hidden from the public eye since mountains play their part in obscuring its visibility. Mohi also dreams to make a difference in her village, and one of them is to lighten the village by making sure natural light falls on it since the village doesn’t receive any natural light due to its low altitude and obstruction by mountains. Moreover, her village faces troubles from rebels that are difficult to deal by and much more than dangers of nature. Nevertheless, she draws inspiration from her grandfather- Nana who suggests that dreams have no boundaries. Mohi’s passion gets visible when she fondly suggests her mom to call her as Dr. Mohi instead of just Mohi. Her determination is such that she feels even mountains ain’t going to stop her from becoming doctor.
On the other hand, Ayush lives with his family in Pune, and works as a reporter, and his life going to intersect with Mohi when he comes face-to-face with her in Bhuvana village. Ayush is determined to visit Bhuvana village to cover a story of considerable interest, and it is about a man Satyakam who is hiding there after deceiving the world about his death. Ayush is passionate, fearless and self-driven in his work. Ayush begins to leave to Bhuvana after getting info from his informer about Satyakam’s presence. Ayush is in love with Anusha – a doctor, and his trip to Bhuvana co-incides with his marriage proposal get-together between families. He finds himself in a fix when Anusha wants to know what is more important to him – marriage or trip. Ayush will somehow manage the situation to depart to Bhuvana to work on his story, and have had earlier convinced his senior on the story. Meanwhile, Mohi faces troubles from rebels and gets kidnapped and is taken hostage, and they did it to curb school education and people from city passing over their area.
Will Mohi succeed to get released from the rebels’ custody ? How about her blossing dreams of travelling to city to become a doctor come true in reality ? Mohi promises to be an inspirational tale of a young tribal girl and we hope it succeeds in delivering the message. Stay tuned to Mohi.
– Mohi is the Hindi adaptation of Bengali TV series – Ishti Kutum aired on Star Jalsha (first telecast in October, 2011).
Info on Cast:
* Mohi is portrayed by actress Vinita Joshi Thakkar
– Recent work in Life OK’s Baawre in the lead role of Yamini , role of Maan Kunwar in Sony TV’s Maharana Pratap.
– She portrayed the role of Kumari in Star Plus’s Saraswatichandra [2013-2014].
* Ayush is portrayed by actor Karan Sharma
– TV debut with Pyaar Ka Bandhan as Sujoy Das/Aziz in 2009. Recent work in Sony TV’s Ekk Nayi Pehchaan as Karan Suresh Modi.
– Worked in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as Anirudh Desai; Sapnon Se Bhare Naina as Abhi; Bandini as Krishna Arjan Mahiyavanshi.
– Karan’s Twitter page.
* Anusha is portrayed by actress Rishma Rochlani
– Portrayed the role of Divya in Chand Chupa Badal Mein. Rishma’s Twitter page.
* Anusha’s mom is portrayed by actress Gauri Tonk
– Gauri’s Twitter page
* Ayush’s eldest mom (actually Aunt) is portrayed by actress Shubhangi Latkar